THE PRIME MINISTER
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Hanoi, December 27, 2013
ON THE PROMULGATION OF A NUMBER OF MECHANISMS, SPECIFIC POLICIES FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF PHU QUOC ISLAND, KIEN GIANG PROVINCE
Pursuant to the Law on Organization of the Government dated December 25, 2001;
At the proposal of the Minister of Planning and Investment;
The Prime Minister promulgates Decision on a number of mechanisms, specific policies for the development of Phu Quoc Island, Kien Giang Province,
Article 1. To promulgate mechanisms, specific policies for the development of Phu Quoc Island, Kien Giang Province with contents as follows:
1. Investment incentives and supports:
Investors having projects invested in Phu Quoc Island will be entitled to investment incentives and supports at highest level as prescribed in Decree No.29/2008/ND-CP dated March 14, 2008 of the Government on industrial zones, export processing zones and economic zones.
2. Immigration, residence and movements:
Foreigners and Vietnamese with foreign passports entering, existing or residing in Phu Quoc Island will be exempt with entry visas within a temporary residing period which does not exceed 30 days. In the case that a foreigner arriving at an international border gate of Vietnam (including airways and seaways), staying at the transit area of such border gate and then transiting to Phu Quoc Island will also be exempt with an entry visa as prescribed.
3. Selection of consultants for the planning:
Chairperson of the People’s Committee of Kien Giang Province will decide hiring consultants, qualified experts at home and abroad to build the Overall Development Scheme for Phu Quoc Island until 2020, with a vision to 2030 and submit to the Prime Minister for approval and replacement of the Decision No. 178 / 2004/QD-TTg October 5, 2004.
4. Investment in key projects on Phu Quoc Island:
a) Based on the ability to balance the local budget, the central budget will support with targets and other capital sources during the period from 2014 to 2015, focusing investment in key projects as follows:
– A road traffic system (the North-South main road and the road around the island); important branch routes connecting from the main axis to the road around the island or connecting to the tourist areas and key urban-residential areas.
– Sources and electricity supply system, sources and water supply system.
– Airport, seaport and connected projects.
– Projects for contruction of urban infrastructures, implementation of site clearance works, compensation, exodus, resettlement, investment in housing projects for resettlement and public welfare projects.
– Programmes and projects for development of economy, society, healthcare, education and urban environment, etc.
Investment in key infrastructure projects will comply with the priority order and base on the practical development demand towards the capital concentration to a synchronized and complete finalization on a region to maximize investment efficiency.
b) To encourage domestic and foreign investors to build infrastructures on the island:
To build waste and waste water treatment systems, high quality hospitals, commercial system, human resource training centers for commercial and economic sector, non-tariff zone associated with the Phu Quoc International Airport, etc.
5. Capitals used for investment in key projects:
a) To focus on maximum allocation from the local budgets, the State Budget’s support with targets, capitals of government bonds in the annual plan and in the period of 2014 – 2015 to ensure the progress of key projects and works for the development of the Phu Quoc Island.
b) To annually report to the Standing Committee of the National Assembly to get approval for using the extra revenue of the State Budget for key development projects of the Phu Quoc Island.
c) To advance planning capitals from the State Budget’s support with targets, the government bonds of the following year and of the period 2014 – 2015 in compliance with the progress of infrastructure projects on the island.
d) To use the land development fund as prescribed by legal provisions on land for the purpose of investment in the development of infrastructure-techniques-society for public service in the Phu Quoc Island.
dd) To prioritize attraction, compaign of ODA sources and preferential credit funds for investment in social-technical and infrastructural projects, necessary public utilities works on the Phu Quoc Island.
e) To mobilize direct investment capitals from domestic organizations and individuals, advanced capitals of subjects having demands in using the infrastructure, capitals of enterprises having functions of building and trading technical and infrastructural works.
g) To encourage investment under forms of BT, BOT, BTO, PPP, etc for infrastructural works under the expense obligation of the State Budget.
h) To compaign foreign capitals for investment in infrastructural works on the Phu Quoc Island.
6. Other mechanisms and policies:
– Chairperson of the People’s Committee of Kien Giang Province will be entitled to appoint contractors to infrastructural works on the Phu Quoc Island in compliance with legal provisions on bidding.
– Land use fees when changing the land use purposes are paid according to the difference between the land price of new purpose and the land price of use purpose prior to the change of land use purpose at the same time of changing land use purpose. The land price according to new purpose and the land price prior to the change of use purpose for calculation of difference in land use fees as mentioned above will be decided by the provincial People’s Committee (is the land price in the market in normal condition, not the land price prescribed by the provincial People’s Committee in the List of land prices). In case that the land price decided by the provincial People’s Committee (for the previous purpose) is lower than the compensated or supported price on land when the Government recovers the land at the same time, it is entitled to calculate according to the compensated or supported price on land. Other supported amounts under the policy on compensation, support for deduction from the land use fees or the land rent must be submitted at the same time that the competent state agency approves for change of land use purpose.
– The land prices given to investors will be commonly applied for the entire area (by plots, not applied separately for each specific project), defined and notified by the provincial People’s Committee every year in the case that the land price released every year by the provincial People’s Committee to define the land use fees on the Phu Quoc Island is up to the market price.
Article 2. Implementation provisions
1. This Decision will come into effect on March 10, 2014.
2. Article 2 of the Regulation on foreigners’ entry into, exit from and residence in the Phu Quoc Island, Kien Giang Province promulgated together with the Decision No.229/2005/QĐ-TTg dated September 16, 2005 of the Prime Minister.
3. Ministers, Heads of Ministerial-level Agencies, Heads of relevant Government-attached Agencies, the Chairperson of the People’s Committee of Kien Giang Province will be responsible for implementation of this Decision./.
THE PRIME MINISTER