THE PRIME MINISTER
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Hanoi, May 11, 2010
APPROVING THE ADJUSTMENT OF MASTER PLAN FOR BUILDING PHU QUOC ISLAND OF KIEN GIANG PROVINCE BY 2030
THE PRIME MINISTER
Pursuant to the Law on organization of Government dated December 25, 2001;
Pursuant to the Law on Construction dated November 26, 2003;
Pursuant to Decree No. 08/2005/ND-CP dated January 24, 2005 of the Government on construction planning;
Considering the proposal of the Ministry of Construction at the Report No. 11/TTr-BXD dated March 24, 2010;
Article 1. Approving the adjustment of master plan for building Phu Quoc island of Kien Giang province by 2030 with the following main contents:
1. Scope of formulation of planning adjustment:
Scope of formulation of planning adjustment includes: the entire district of Phu Quoc Island with the urban areas: Duong Dong town, An Thoi town and 8 communes: Cua Can, Ganh Dau, Bai Thom, Ham Ninh, Cua Duong Duong To, Tho Chau and Hon Thom (including the entire island group of Southern An Thoi). The total natural land area: 58,923 ha.
2. Development objectives:
Building Phu Quoc island with sustainable development and in harmony between economic development with conservation of cultural and history relics and environmental protection, regional and national security and national defense assurance. Gradually building Phu Quoc island to make it become an island city and tourism center with high-quality services, a technological scientific center of the country and Southeast Asia;
3. Characteristics :
-As a special administrative economic zone; a national and international high-quality eco-tourism, resort and entertainment center and a regional-level financial center;
-As an important place of regional transportation and international aviation;
-As a center for specialized technological scientific research;
-As a center for the conservation of forest and marine biodiversity of the country and region;
– As a special position for security and national defense.
4. Tourist forecast:
– Forecast by 2020: 2-3 million tourists/year approx., particularly the international tourists shall account for 35-40%;
– By 2030: 5-7 million tourists/year approx., particularly the international tourists shall account for 45-50%;
5. Population size:
– Forecast by 2020, the population size shall be 340,000 – 380,000 people, in which the urban population is 200,000 – 230,000 people approx., the rural population is 80,000 – 90,000 people approx., the population converted from tourist is 50,000 – 60,000 people approx..
– Forecast by 2030, the population size shall be 500,000 – 550,000 people approx., in which the urban population is 320,000 – 370,000 people approx., the rural population is 90,000 – 100,000 people approx., the population converted from tourists is 80,000 – 85,000 people approx..
6. Land scale:
a) Land use scale throughout the island by 2030:
|– Urban construction land||3,852 ha approx.|
|– Tourism land||3,861 ha approx.|
|+ Eco-tourism land (576 ha for golf course)||3,051 ha approx.|
|+ Combined tourism land (244 ha for golf course)||810 ha approx.|
|– Tourism, services and resident complex||1,235 ha approx.|
|– Special-use land||1,489 ha approx.|
|+ Handicraft land||211 ha approx.|
|+ Non-tariff land||101 ha approx.|
|+ Land for racing and sports training||170 ha approx.|
|+ Main land for transportation throughout the island||666 ha approx.|
|+ Cultural and historical land (140 ha for protection forest)||342 ha approx.|
|– Green land, water surface and open space||3,399 ha approx.|
|– Land important for technical infrastructure||1,135 ha approx.|
|+ Airport and seaport land||920 ha approx.|
|+ Land for wastewater and waste treatment area||100 ha approx.|
|+ Power and water plant||65 ha approx.|
|+ Cemetery||50 ha approx.|
|– Agricultural land||37,802 ha approx.|
|+ Special-use forest land||29,596 ha approx.|
|+ Protection forest land of Phu Quoc island||7,038 ha approx.|
|+ Protection forest land of Tho Chu island||1,168 ha approx.|
|– Agricultural land||5,813 ha|
|+ Agricultural land||4,177 ha approx.|
|+ Rural and handicraft village land||1,636 ha approx.|
|– Land for security and national defense and development reserve||337 ha approx.|
|Total:||58,923 ha approx.|
b) Urban construction land scale:
– Forecast by 2020: the urban construction land is 2,400 ha approx.; tourism land is 1,800 ha approx.; rural residential construction land is 857 ha approx.; special-use forest and protection forest land is 37,802 ha approx ;
– Forecast by 2030: urban construction land is 3,852 ha approx.; tourism land is 5,096 ha approx.; rural residential and handicraft village construction land is 1,636 ha approx.; special-use forest and protection forest land is 37,802 ha approx ;
7. Space development orientation:
a) Development model and spatial structure:
– Development model of island and marine eco-tourism city of Phu Quoc is based on the focused and multi-center chain;
– Spatial structure along main axis of Northern-Southern An Thoi –Cau Trang, traffic axis around islands of Bai Vong – Bai Thom – Rach Tram – Rach Vem – Ganh Dau, Cua Can – Duong Dong – Bai Truong – Bai Khem connected with international seaports of An Thoi and Bai Dat Do and Duong To international airport;
– Structure of urban-tourism areas includes: Cua Can urban area, Duong Dong and An Thoi urban areas; eco-tourism areas: Northern island, Southern island eco-tourism, combined tourism of Bai Truong – Bai Vong and traditional handicraft villages;
– Structure of landscape areas, agricultural areas and open space: forest and landscape space of national park, protection forest, theme parks and open space;
b) Functional structure and spatial development direction:
– Functional structure:
The structure of city of Phu Quoc island includes: urban and tourism development area accounts for 15.19%. The agricultural area accounts for accounts for 64.16%. The landscape and open space area accounts for 5.77%. The agricultural area accounts for 9.13% and the special area accounts for 5.75%;
– Spacial development direction:
+ Duong Dong urban area is the center of tourism city of Phu Quoc island;
+ Northern direction: conservation of landscape forest, development of eco-tourism and handicraft villages for tourism and high-tech agriculture;
+ Southern direction: development of combined tourism, eco tourism, seaport urban areas, international airport, conservation of protection forest, theme parks and memorial of Phu Quoc prison;
+ Western direction: development of eco-tourism areas and traditional handicraft village.
c) Functional zoning:
– Urban development area of 3,852 ha, including: Cua Can urban area with its function as a center for specialized scientific research, urban area center of Duong Dong as an administrative and public services center, international financial and commercial center, cultural and tourism services center; An Thoi urban area with functions of seaport, business and services;
– Tourism development area of 3,861 ha, including:
+ Eco-tourism development area of 3,051 ha is located along the western coast; Ganh Dau, Bai Dai, Cua Can. Northern direction: Bai Thom, Rach Tram, Rach Vem. Southern direction: Bai Sao, Bai Khem, Nam An Thoi archipelago.
+ Combined tourism development area with area of 810 ha located in Bai Vong and Vinh Dam.
– Tourism, services and resident complex development area of 1,235 ha is located at Bai Truong area;
– Agricultural development area of 5,813 ha, including:
+ Handicraft villages: Bai Thom, Rach Vem, Rach Tram, Ganh Dau Cua Can and Ham Ninh.
+ Rural areas: Cua Can, Cua Duong, Ham Ninh and Bai Thom.
+ High-tech agricultural production areas: Cua Duong, Cua, Can, Ganh Dau, Ham Ninh, Bai Thom and Duong To.
– Forest area of 37,802 ha.
National forest with 29,596 ha concentrated in the North of island; the protection forest with 8,206 ha concentrated in the West and South of island and in the mountains along the North and South direction of Tho Chu island.
– Green tree and landscape areas, parks, water surface and open space: 3,399 ha, including:
+ Green tree and landscapte of 2,829 ha, including: area along coasts, landscape and irrigational lakes; green trees along rivers and canals and around landscape and irrigational lakes such as Suoi Lon, Rach Tram, Rach Ca, Rach Vem, Cua Can, Rach Cua Lap, Rach Vinh Dam and some small rivers and canals;
+ Theme park with an area of 570 ha, including: Cua Can biotechnological research park, Suoi Lon lake entertainment park and An Thoi historical and cultural park;
– Special area of 2,624 ha, in which the special-use land is 1,489 ha approx. and technical key area of 1,135 ha, including: International airport and seaport: Bai Dat Do, An Thoi. The general seaport of Vinh Dam, Bai Thom, Duong Dong. The non-tariff area at international airport and An Thoi seaport. Center for for racing and sports training in Duong Bao; memorial of heroic martyrs of Phu Quoc prison; handicraft area in Duong To, Ham Ninh, Vinh Dam and other major infrastructural works of the island.
d) Land use planning of functional subzones.
– System of urban areas:
+ Urban area center of Duong Dong as administrative, public services, commercial, international financial, tourism services center and concentrated residential area of the island. The population size of the island is 240,000 people approx. by 2030. The urban area construction land is 2,502 ha approx. The population size is 90-100 people/ha. The average constructional density is 30-35% and the coefficient of land use is up to 12 times;
+ Urban area of An Thoi port: as an urban area of international port, technical hub, logistic, commercial, non-tariff, tourism, tourism services and light industry center; cultural, historical and human value preservation center. The population size is 71,000 people approx. by 2030. The urban area construction land is 1,020 ha approx. The population size is 70-80 people/ha. The average constructional density is 30-35% and the coefficient of land use is up to 4.2 times;
+ Cua Can urban area is an urban area of research and forest, marine and agricultural conservation and island tourism. The population size is 26,500 people approx. by 2030. The urban area construction land is 329 ha approx. The population size is 70-80 people/ha. The average constructional density is 30% and the coefficient of land use is up to 2.8 times;
– System of tourism areas:
+ Eco-tourism areas:
. Bai Thom: located in the Northern direction of the island as a high-quality eco resort with marine sports entertainment, golf course, marine theme park and handicraft village sightseeing. The size is 375 ha (100 ha is for golf course particularly);
. Ganh Dau: located in the Northern direction of the island as a combined eco tourism area with the traditional fishing village. The size is 25ha;
. Rach Tram: located in the Northern direction of the island as a 4-5 star resort area combined with sightseeing of melaleuca and mangrove forest. The size is 102 ha;
. Rach Vem: located in the Northwest direction of the island as a high-quality eco resort area combined with sightseeing of typical forest habitat and sightseeing of handicraft village. The size is 202 ha;
. Bai Dai: located in the Western coast of island as a high-quality resort and golf entertainment area combined with marine sports resort areas and sightseeing of handicraft village. The size is 567 ha (154 ha is for golf course particularly);
. Vung Bau: located in the Western coast of island as a 4-5 star resort area combined with the scenic view and marine sports entertainment. The size is 394 ha;
. Cua Can: located in the West coast of island as a high-quality eco resort area, scenic view, marine and river sports entertainment, golf course, sightseeing of handicraft village. The size is 250 ha (102 ha is for golf course particularly);
. Bai Ong Lang: located in the Southern direction of Bai Cua Can as a high-quality eco resort area. The size is 200 ha;
. Bai Khem: located in the Southeast direction of island as a high-quality eco resort area and marine sports. The size is 99 ha;
. Bai Sao: located in the Southeast coast of the island as a high-quality eco resort area, marine sports and golf course area. The size is 379 ha (220 ha is for golf course particularly);
. Mui Ong Doi: located in the Southeast direction of island as a high-quality eco resort area, scenic view and marine sports. The size is 40 ha;
. Bai Da Chong: located in the Northeast direction of island as a tourism services area, eco resort area and casino services center. The size is 135 ha;
. Da Ban stream: located in the center of island, at the foot of Ham Ninh mountain as a eco-tourism area. The size is 115 ha;
. Nam An Thoi archipelago: located in the southernmost direction of island of An Thoi commune as an area with eco-tourism under forest canopy combined with sightseeing of marine environmental conservation; snorkeling entertainment, marine sports, scenic view and sightseeing of handicraft village. The residential areas in Hon Thom shall be refurbished in combination with development of tourism, services, handicraft village and marina.. areas. The size is 150 ha;
. Tho Chu island: located in the Southernmost direction of Phu Quoc island and Tho Chau commune for development of marine and forest eco tourism combined with national security.
+ Combined tourism areas:
. Bai Vong tourism area: located in the Eastern direction of the island as a multi-purpose combined tourism services area and golf course and 3-4 star resort. The size is 745 ha (244 ha is for golf course particularly);
. Vinh Dam tourism area: located in Southeast direction of island as a general tourism services area and marine entertainment. The size is 65 ha.
+ Bai Truong complex area: located in the Southwest direction of the island as a general tourism area, commercial center, tourism services, entertainment and public services on the island and residential areas for tourism. The size is 1,235 ha;
+ Typical tourism spots
. The main tourism spots are: sightseeing spot of memorial of Phu Quoc prison, Tranh, Tien and Da Ban streams, Chua, Ra Da, Dien Tien, Ong Phung mountains, Trau Nam, Ganh Dau, Cua Can lake, Cua Can stream, Cua Can, Rach Tram, Rach Dam and Duong Dong rivers, Lon stream, Duong Dong and An Thoi urban areas and handicraft villages;
– Agricultural area of 5,381 ha, including:
+ Rural areas and areas of Cua Can, Cua Duong, Ham Ninh and Bai Thom communes. The area is 1,636 ha approx. with 02 different forms;
. Coastal rural areas with small size are combined with eco-tourism and tourism services activities, maintaining traditional handicraft village and local culture. The area is 540 ha approx.
. Rural areas in the center of island with larger size are combined with the high-tech agricultural production: pepper garden, ornamental trees, flowers and fruits for tourism. These areas are also the reserve areas for development of urban areas of 1,096 ha approx.
+ High-tech agricultural production: Cua Duong, Cua Can, Ganh Dau, Ham Ninh, Bai Thom, Duong To, area: 4,177 ha;
Handicraft village areas for tourism: area of traditional fish sauce production is relocated in Duong Dong, Vinh Dam and An Thoi to ensure the environmental preservation and convenience for sightseeing and tourism; the fishing villages are maintained at concentrated residential areas combined with eco-tourism and local tourism at locations: Bai Thom, Rach Vem, Rach Tram, Ganh Dau Cua Can and Ham Ninh;
– System of forest, green trees, parks, water surface and open space:
+ Forest with size of 37,802 ha including: special-use forest located in the Northern island with an area of 29,596 ha; protection forest of Phu Quoc island with an area of 7,038 ha and Tho Chu island with an area of 1,168 ha;
Area of national forest and protection forest is used with tourism activities such as: fishing, community education, scientific research, outdoor activities, walking in forest, landscape sightseeing, adventure sports: paragliding, mountain climbing, forest sightseeing and eco rest in forest;
+ System of green trees, landscape, water surface and open space with an area of 2,829 ha including system of river and canal: Rach Tram, Rach Vem, Cua Can, Duong Dong, Cua Lap, Suoi Ca and lake system; green trees along coast in Ganh Dau, Mong Tay cape, Cua Can canal, Ong Lang hamlet, Bai Truong, Ra Da mountain, Ong Bon cape and along the Eastern coast of the island;
The open space also includes the traffic square of Suoi Trang bridge, center square in Duong Dong urban area, international airport square, marine square in the center of Bai Truong, memorial square and square of An Thoi urban area;
+ Theme parks with an area of 570 ha, including: scientific research park of Cua Can lake, sports and fitness entertainment park of Suoi Lon lake and cultural-historical-memorial of Phu Quoc prison park.
– Handicraft industry and non-tariff areas and main technical infrastructure works:
+ Industry – handicraft industry with an area of 211 ha is located in Vinh Dam, Duong Dong and An Thoi in order to transfer the handicraft villages to the handicraft industry area for environment preservation and tourism;
+ Non-tariff area with an area of 101 ha is located at Phu Quoc airport and An Thoi port
+ Major technical infrastructure works with an area of 1,567 ha, including: Duong To international airport, Bai Dat Do and An Thoi international seaports, Vinh Dam, Bai Thom and Duong Dong general ports; waste and wastewater treatment, thermal power plants, water plants and cemetery.
+ Urban main traffic (666 ha approx.): includes the North-South main axis, the roads around the island, bus and tramway.
– System of specialized centers:
+ Administrative – public services center with an area of 330 ha: the administrative – public services area of the island is located in the urban area center of Duong Dong. The public services area is located in the center of urban areas of Duong Dong, An Thoi and Cua Can. The public services center of residential areas is located at handicraft villages of Bai Thom, Rach Vem, Ganh Dau, Cua Can, Ham Nin and Hon Thom.
+ Medical center: The medical and nursing centers are located at the urban areas of Cua Can, Duong Dong and Bai Truong to ensure the services radius;
+ Center for education and training and scientific research is specialized in bio-technological scientific research such as: genetic conservation, biodiversity, marine biology, forest, high-tech agriculture will be located in urban area of Cua Can.
+ Financial, commercial center and international office services with an area of 653 ha: located in Duong Dong urban area and center of Bai Truong area;
+ Cultural and sports and fitness center with an area of 200 ha is located next to Duong Dong lake and adjacent to the administrative area. The international sports and fitness training center – horse racing course are located at Duong Bao area;
– Historical and cultural conservation area: memorial of heroic matyrs of Phu Quoc prison; the historical and cultural relics ranked such as: Temple of Nguyen Trung Truc, Cau palace, Duong Dong communal house, Su Muon pagoda and other relics.
8. Guidance on urban design:
a) General urban design framework
– Development axes: control of floor, constructional density, set-back and form of works design for the main urban development axis in the North-South direction from Cau Trang to An Thoi; the axis along the coast and 02 urban axes in the direction of the sea at Bai Truong;
– Controlled areas: control of constructional density, coefficient of land use, percentage of green trees, open space, public services works; percentage of traffic in Cua Can, Duong Dong and An Thoi urban areas and Bai Truong complex area.
– System of highlighting works:
On the controlled axes and areas, there are highlighted works including the public services works, administrative works, luxury hotels and commercial works at Bai Thom area, Cua Can, An Thoi and Duong Dong urban areas, Bai Truong complex. There are also highlights at the top of Chua, Vung Bau, Ong Quoi, Ong Phung, Ong Dieu, Dien Tien, Ra Da mountains, Ganh Dau and Mong Tay capes.
– System of forest, landscape park, water space and open space:
Conservation of special-use forest and protection forest area; landscape of open space at typical tourism areas; landscape along coast: beaches and scenic spots.
Control of landscape of theme parks: science, entertainment, memorial park. For other open spaces: maintaining the biodiversity, rivers, canals and lakes. Control of urban design of areas of center square in urban areas;
b) Organization of design space and landscape
– Duong Dong urban area: the commercial-office axis overlooking the sea is the main urban axis; the starting point is the administrative-political center and Asean square, the end point is Marina port. The coastal North-South axis is to create the landscape architecture area of urban area center with high-rise works; combination with open space system is Duong Dong rivers and lakes and natural landscape as Dien Tien and Khu Tuong mountains;
– Cua Can urban area is a natural gateway between the development center area in the Northern island and is the intersection of the main traffic axis, forming clusters of residential area close to nature. Here, there are symbolic highlighting works of urban area such as scientific research center, hotel, high-rise office building. The scientific theme park combined with Cua Can lake creates unique landscape;
– An Thoi urban area: forming sunset viewing points; urban areas developing in the manner of compact, mixture and harmony between the new development area and the old one. The highlights are the high-rise works and symbolic lighthouse;
– Bai Truong tourism complex is a typical landscape architecture space of tourism of the island city. The highlighting works are located along the coastal axis around the island and the axes looking over the sea with high-rise works;
– Handicraft villages in service of tourism: maintaining villages and hamlets is for maintaining the natural current status of value of island identity. The infrastructure is upgraded to maintain the scale of small village with compact structure. New development is mixed at appropriate place within the existing area of village;
Control and maintenance of low-rise housing, coefficient of land use < 01 time; maximum height of 03 storeys. The population density at the existing village and hamlet areas and mixed development areas is about 67 people/ha.
– Urbanized rural areas: Newly-developed rural areas need to retain the characteristics of unique natural landscape by the vast arrays of open space, embellished with clusters of garden house. The low density between the vast arrays of open space; coefficient of land use <1 time; maximum height of 03 storeys. The population density in rural development areas is about 20 people / ha.
– Combined resort area: depending on each specific location to locate one or a lot of hotels and other forms of accommodation such as villas, apartments or apartment for rent and resort services area with retail shops, restaurants and diverse entertainment areas such as water sports center or golf course. The complex resort areas are developed with low density with open space and natural landscape as a prevailing element. The constructional works are the low-rise buidings and the hotels must not exceed 08 storeys;
– Eco-tourism areas with all items for stay, restaurants, entertainment works and other utilities. The land area, constructional height and layout of works depend on the location and area landscape.
– Eco-hotels: are located on small and remote ground areas and linked on the principle to the surrounding natural space to minimize negative effect to the surrounding environment.
– Distributing and dispatching center: location of highlighting works is around new airport and area within An Thoi urban area.
9. Planning orientation for development of technical infrastructure system
– Outbound traffic:
+ Aviation traffic: newly-built airport in Duong To with an area of 898 ha approximately up to standard of 4E grade (ICAO standard) is developed with infrastructure for the airport to be able to receive airplanes such as B 767, B 747 and equivalent. The size of passenger of airport by 2020 is about 2.65 million, in which the international passengers are about 1 million and may be up to 7 million passengers/year. After putting the new airport into operation, the existing Duong Dong airport shall be used to build the urban area center of the island.
. Building the An Thoi international general port with the scale of goods through the port of 500-700 thousand tons/year and 360 thousand passengers / year;
. Building international deep water tourism port in Dat Do bay to be able to receive international large ships and developing it into international deep water port for the Southwest region;
.Building breakwater embankment for mooring of fishing boats and for Duong Dong port and receipt of fishing boats to avoid waves, tourists, marina and cargo wharf.
. Newly building Vinh Dam port with capacity from 1 -1.5 million tons/year to become a general port for year round use and the place for shelter of boats on the eastern shores of the island;
. Large fishing centers such as Ham Ninh, Cua Can, Bai Thom, Ganh Dau, Rach Tram are built with fishing port and marina;
. Building tourism ports of Bai Vong, Hon Thom, Bai Truong, Mong Tay cape, Rach Vem and Da Chong;
– Inbound traffic:
+ Aterial road: building the North-South highway arterial road of the island: An Thoi – Duong Dong – Suoi Cai with a length of about 38 km, double roadbed with 09 meter wide each, along the road is two lanes of tramway and pavement with tree lines. The total street right-of-way is 60 m wide.
+ Suoi Cai – Bai Thom road: double roadbed with 04 lanes. There are lines of tree along the road (or pavement when going through residential areas). The street right-of-way is 32 m wide.
+ Suoi Cai – Ganh Dau: the width of roadbed is 7-9 m, the lines of tree (or pavement when going through residential area) is 6m of each side. The street right-of-way is 21 m wide.
+ Duong Dong – Cua Can has a roadbed of 7-9 m wide and lines of tree along the road (or pavement when going through residential area). The street right-of-way is 42 m wide.
+ Duong Dong – Duong To – An Thoi road has a roadbed of 7.5m of each side with a tramway route in the center of the road. The street right-of-way is 50 m wide (particularly the section of Duong Dong – Cua Lap and Duong Dong – Cua Can has the street right-of-way of 42 m). The road around the island from Bai Vong – Ham Ninh – Cua Duong – Bai Thom – Rach Tram – Rach Vem – Ganh Dau – Cua Can – Duong Dong is to create favorable conditions for security and national defense assurance and organization of tours
+ Building the road of Duong Dong urban area center with the width of 10.5m of each side, the street right-of-way of 40 m as the urban arterial road.
+ Arterial road of area:
For the existing urban areas (Duong Dong and An Thoi), the network of road in urban areas is built and upgraded to ensure traffic in the future. The new urban areas, upon building, must ensure the cross section is in line with the criteria based on the level and type of urban street.
The public roads in the handicraft villages and the eco-tourism areas in the forest are built up to the standard of rural road. The natural landscape must be preserved primarily serving pedestrians and two-wheel vehicles.
The existing stations shall be renovated and the new stations shall be built to form the static network of traffic.
+ Public traffic:
Building of public traffic system which is modern and friendly to environment and ensures the need of traveling of people and tourists on the island. The main public traffic routes include:
Tramway route of An Thoi – Duong Dong – Suoi Cai; Airport – Bai Truong – An Thoi.
The bus and taxi routes along arterial traffic axis, areas and roads around the island are to serve the residents and tourists;
The sea taxi routes around the island are linked to the urban areas and tourism areas along the coast.
The hiking routes in the national forest and protection forest. The cable car of Cua Can lake – Chua Mountain – Da Chong.
Waterway traffic route of Duong Dong, Cua Can river and Vinh Dam and Tram canals.
Parking lots are located in 03 urban areas and tourism areas and scenic stops along the coast.
b) Land preparation for construction:
– Height planning of construction land:
The generally controlled ground level Hxd > 3.0 m. The high level of ground for construction of each area is calculated in accordance with the generally controlled high level and with the existing topography to ensure no flooding, reduce earthwork volumes and avoid erosion.
For urban areas and existing construction areas, only conducting the partial leveling to prevent flooding when renovating and embellishing the urban areas and try to keep intact the existing ground surface, finish the cover and take measures to protect the grounf foundation such as river and stream embankment and slope reinforcement.
For the new construction area, leveling is in accordance with the controlled high level and advantage of natural topography. The area with natural topography > 3.0 m shall be leveled mainly based on the topography, avoiding large earthwork and limiting the break of natural cover. The area with the natural topography lower than < 3.0 m should be leveled up to the controlled high level to prevent flooding.
In low-lying areas, digging lakes to be the reservoirs and create landscape.
– Rainwater drainage:
+ For the existing urban area: renovating and upgrading the existing water drainage system and gradually separating wastewater to be brought to the treatment station before being discharged to the environment.
+ For newly-developed areas: building the system of rainwater drainage separated from the wastewater. The rainwater drainage routes are built with the concrete sewer system or lidded ditch system in order for the water to flow into rivers and streams along the topography.
+ Renovation and dredging of rivers, stream and reservoir system to enhance drainage and create environmental landscape;
+ Creation of reservoir to gather rainwater for use as water supply and for environmental landscape.
c) Water supply:
– Water supply norm: Urban domestic water: 120 liters / person / day by 2020 and 150 liters / person / day by 2030; visitors: 300 liters / person / day; industry: 25 m3/ha/day.
– Water demand: 2020: 70,000 m3/day; 2030: 120,000 m3/day.
– Water sources: using 05 reservoirs: Duong Dong, Suoi Lon, Cua Can, Rach Tram and Rach Ca. In addition, using rainwater as well as reused water
– Pipeline networks: building the main pipeline with diameter D500 – D200 connecting the water plant to serve the entire island, building the reused water pipeline from the treatment plant to urban and tourist areas .
– Major works: building 05 water plants at 05 reservoirs on the island:
+ Duong Dong reservoir with volume W1 = 10 million m3. At this place, building the water plant No. 1 with capacity (Q) by 2020 = 16,500 m3/day, (Q) by 2030 = 20,000 m3/day;
+ Suoi Lon reservoir with volume W = 4million m3, building the water plant No.2 with Q = 15,000 m3/day,
+ Rach Ca water plant with volume W = 2 million m3. The water plant No.3 shall be built with Q = 8,000 m3/day.
+ Cua Can reservoir with W = 15 million m3. The water plant No.4 shall be built with Q = 20,000 m3/day by 2020 and 50,000 m3/day by 2030. This is the main water plant of the whole island.
+ Hồ chứa nước Rạch Tràm có dung tích W = 3 triệu m3, sẽ xây dựng nhà máy nước số 5 có Q = 10.000 m3/ngày.
Rach Tram reservoir with volume W = 3 million m3. The water plant No.5 shall be built with Q = 10,000 m3/day
d) Wasterwater drainage and management of solid waste and cemetery:
– Wastewater drainage:
+ Criteria of discharged water is equal to 80% of criteria of supplied water
+ Total sewage flow: 2020 m3 = 41,000 m3/day, 2030 = 72,000 m3/day, particularly the industrial waste water is 3500-4800 m3/day.
+ Sewer network for wastewater drainage: for urban areas and tourist resorts: building of private wastewater to be brought to the concentrated treatment station. The villages and hamlets: use of general sewer;
+ Wastewater treatment: wastewater from the concentrated wastewater treatment areas must reach the prescribed standard, a portion of wastewater shall be further treated to reach the standard for reuse and for other demands in urban areas and tourism areas;
+ Small residential and tourism areas located far away from the main sewer system or the concentrated treatment areas must build the wastewater treatment works right at the project in accordance with the standard QCVN 14 – 2008.
+ Industrial wastewater: to be treated at their areas in accordance with the prescribed standard.
+ Major works:
Building of 05 wastewater treatment stations in 05 areas:
. Duong Dong urban area: Q = 30,000 m3/day
. Bai Dai urban area: Q = 4,000 m3/day.
. Ham Ninh and Bai Vong area: Q = 3,000 m3/day.
. An Thoi and Bai Truong urban areas: Q = 25,000 m3/day.
. Mui Dat Do tourism area: Q = 4,000 m3/day.
– Management of solid waste:
+ Organization of rational gathering system and building of solid waster treatment area with application of high technology and limited landfill.
+ Waste norm: 1.2 kg / person, tourists: 2 kg / person, industry: 0.2 tons / ha / day. Amount of waste: 400-600 tons / day.
+ Major works: building 02 areas of waste treatment at Cua Duong and Ham Ninh communes. At this place, building 02 waste treatment complexes, each area has a size of 25 ha.
– Cemetery: located in the area of Ham Ninh, size of 50 ha and built in the form of cemetery park
dd) Power supply:
– Power supply norm: supply of power for urban domestic use with 750 kWh/person/year by 2020 and 1,500 kWh/person/year by 2030; supply for rural areas is equal to 50% of power supply norm for urban domestic use; supply for public and services works is equal to 50% of civil domestic power; supply for industry of about 200 kW/ha.
– Demand for power use: power consumption needs of 850 million kWh / year, power received from grid of 895 million kWh / year, maximum load of 285 MW, average consumed power of 750-1500 kWh / person / year.
– Power source: The main power supply: underground cable 110 kV or 220 kV submarine from Ha Tien.
On-spot power source: Duong Dong – Phu Quoc diesel station of 30 MW. Building power plant in Ganh Dau with capacity from 100 to 200 MW using fuel not causing environmental pollution and effect on tourism landscape and eco conservation of the island.
– Building of 4 substations 110/22 kV with a total capacity of 320 MVA and 110 kV transmission line connecting the stations.
– Renovation and upgrade of existing medium-voltage line 22 kV. Building of new transmission line 22 kV at newly-planned areas. The transmission line 22 kV in urban areas and services areas must be built with underground cable immediately and in the future, all medium voltage transmission line into underground cable on the island.
– Low voltage substation 22/0,4 kV is the indoor substation or compact substation. In the rural or mountainous areas with little population, the substations are hanging substation or outdoor frame substation
e) Solution to environmental protection:
– Rational and efficient exploitation and utilization of land and natural resources: implementation for the right purpose, scale and strict compliance with the criteria, technical and economic norms specified in the approved plans.
– Zoning of risk of impact and function of environmental protection; formulation of system of criteria to control the environment in line with the function of each zone (zone strictly protected including national forest, protection forest, protected areas of coral and seaweed; socio-economic development zone combined with environmental protection including urban areas and tourism development areas. The separated production zone includes the handicraft villages and handicraft industrial areas. The pollution control zone includes the major technical infrastructure works which may cause negative impacts on the environment and need a control).
– Protection of ecosystem of primary forest: restoration and protection of ecosystem of natural forest, existing green carpet, particularly the primary forest concentrated in Northern direction of the island; stability of zone of agricultural crops; zoning to protect the national forest in accordance with the provisions of the Law on protection and development of forest and the Law on biodiversity.
– Exploitation and use of water sources: using with the right purpose the surface water source of Cua Can chain of lakes and strictly complying with the planning of balancing the water sources and with the technical procedures; evaluating the reserve to plan the exploitation and utilization reasonably and with proper technical procedures of underground water.
– Control of agricultural and forestry production activities: planning the system of centers and stations of plant protection to ensure the control capacity in the use of fertilizer and chemicals of plant protection;
– Control of environmental sanitation in urban areas and tourism areas over the water sources, air and noise;
– Building of monitoring and analysis system and objective assessment of effect of area environment;
– Application of geographic information systems (GIS) in environmental management.
10. First stage planning – period to 2020
a) Objective: completing the basic technical infrastructure framework; forming a number of new urban areas and tourist areas. Focusing on development of international airport and seaport, electricity network, arterial road and tourism infrastructure.
b) Orientation of space development:
– Developing 02 large urban and tourism centers in Duong Dong and Bai Truong;
– Developing high-quality eco-tourism areas at the environmentally sensitive area, leveling with limitation the topography from provincial road 47 upwards, the communes of Cua Can, Cua Duong, Ganh Dau, Bai Thom, the Northern part of Ham Ninh commune and islands of Southern An Thoi.
– Developing areas of less environmentally sensitive areas in the Southern parts of the island: Duong Dong, An Thoi, Duong To and Southern part of Ham Ninh commune. The large-scale tourism areas such as the area of Ba Keo – Cua Lap, Bai Truong, Bai Dat Do, Bai Khem, Bai Sao and Bai Vong;
– Developing eco-tourism with the type of rest under forest canopy, snorkeling, sightseeing and research of coral reef, fishing and squid fishing in the area of Hon Thom and Nam An Thoi island;
– Renovating, upgrading, adjusting and expanding Duong Dong town and gradually forming Cua Can urban area next to Suoi Cai lake;
– Developing golf courses in Bai Thom, Cua Can, Ganh Dau, Bai Sao – An Thoi and Bai Vong.
– Forming sports and fitness training centers and racing courses in An Thoi and Duong To areas.
– Developing the underground sports areas in Ham Ninh, the Eastern coast area and Bai Truong; seabed sightseeing tours in the archipelago of Hon Thom commune;
c) Orientation of technical infrastructure development of first stage:
+ Duong To international airport, An Thoi, Vinh Dam, Duong Dong and Bai Thom general ports.
+ North –South arterial road (An Thoi – Duong Dong – Suoi Cai);
+ Road around the island and crossing Suoi Cai – Ganh Dau, Duong Dong – Ham Ninh;
+ A number of internal roads in urban areas. The total length of arterial roads which will be built for the first stage is about 550 km.
– Water supply: building Duong Dong reservoir with W1 = 5 million m3, Q = 16,500 m3/day; Suoi Lon reservoir with W1 = 4 million m3, Q = 15,000 m3/day; Rach Ca reservoir with W1 = 2 million m3, Q = 8,000 m3/day; Cua Can reservoir with W1 = 15 million m3, the water plant shall be built with Q1= 20,000 m3/day; Rach Tram reservoir with W = 3 million m3, Q = 10,000 m3/day;
Total capacity of the water plants in the first stage: 68,000 m3/day, 65% meeting 65% of the water needs of the urban and tourist areas.
– Power supply: power capacity required: 156 MW; total power required in the first stage (2020): 456 million kWh / year.
Building the undersea Ha Tien – Phu Quoc cable route which shall supply power to the Phu Quoc 1 transformer station 110/22 kV that may be located in Suoi Da area, near Duong Dong town, the capacity of first stage is 40 MVA and shall be increased to 2 x 40 MVA.
From the on-spot power source of the existing Phu Quoc power plant of 10 MW, increasing the capacity to 30MW.
Carrying out researches and application of new technologies to develop clean energy sources to meet a partial need of energy of the island;
The area of Hon Thom island has separate diesel power station. The additional and supporting power sources within small scope are the diesel power substation of works under construction, solar power and small hydro power.
Building 02 transformer stations 110/22 kV on the island.
Phu Quoc 1 transformer station 110/22 kV and Phu Quoc 3 transformer station shall be built in the Southern direction of the island with capacity of first stage of 40 MVA and shall be increased to 2 x 40 MVA and 2 x 63 MVA in the future.
Building the transmission line 110 kV connected with the transformer station 110 kV. The transmission line 110 kV shall be located on the ground except the that the section crossing the clearance loudspeaker of airport shall be converted into underground cable. The medium voltage transmission lines shall be built at 22 kV and connected to the intermediary transmission line between transformer station 110/22 kV. The main circuit 22 kV from the transformer station 110 kV to the urban areas, tourism and services areas,…the low voltage transmission lines are wired with the medium voltage transmission lines (mixed transmission lines), or are placed on the centrifugal concrete pile of low voltage. In the urban areas, the low voltage transmission lines shall be built underground.
– Water supply:
+ Wastewater flow in the early stages: 46,500 m3/day, particularly the industrial wastewater: 4,000 m3/day. Building the separate wastewater collection sewer system with diameter D400 – D800 and 5 separate wastewater treatment stations for the entire island up to the standard of QCVN 14 – 2008. A portion of treated wastewater should be cleaned thoroughly to achieve standards for reuse and supply for the need of watering trees, golf course toilets, floor washing, cleaning … for urban and tourist areas. Industrial wastewater: to be treated on site of project to meet the prescribed standard before being discharged outside
+ Wastewater areas to be invested for the first stage with priority: Duong Dong town with Q = 30,000 m3/day; at Bai Dai tourism area, Q = 2,000 m3/day; in Ham Ninh and Bai Vong urban areas, Q = 2,000 m3/day; in An Thoi and Bai Truong urban areas, Q = 20,000 m3/day; in Mui Dat Do tourism area, Q = 2,000 m3/day;
– Other sanitation issues:
+ Waste: Total amount of waste by 2020 is 400 tons/day. The amount of waste is gathered to 02 waste treatment areas: the Northern direction at Cua Duong commune or Bai Thom and Ham Ninh commune. There are 02 waste treatment complexes to be built here with the size of 25 ha of each area.
+ Cemetery: it is estimated to locate 01 cemetery for the whole island with the size of 50 ha in Ham Ninh area.
11. Programs and projects to be invested with priority:
a) Development of international airport and seaport:
– Airport: by 2020, Phu Quoc airport shall have a runway to ensure the receipt of airplane B767, B747 – 400 and an airplan parking lot to meet 14 positions. The passenger terminal with capacity of 2.5 – 3 million passengers/year. The cargo terminal with capacity of 14,300 tons of cargo (8,600 tons of international cargo and 5,700 tons of domestic cargo);
– Seaport: An Thoi international general seaport. Domestic port: Duong Dong, Vinh Dam and Bai Thom.
b) Arterial roads:
Building the North-South arterial road with the length of about 49 km, including road around the island, road crossing and commercial axis of Duong Dong urban area;
c) Water supply: upgrading and investing in building reservoirs: Duong Dong with 5.5 million m3to supply water to Duong Dong urban area and the surrounding areas; Rach Ca reservoir: 1 million m3 with an area of 60 ha; Suoi Lon reservoir: 4 million m3 with water supply capacity of 15,000 m3/day;
d) Power supply: Building Ganh Dau thermo power plant 100MW and carrying out the project of drawing underground cable from inland to the island;
dd) Water drainage and environmental sanitation:
– Building a wastewater treatment plant for Duong Dong urban area center with Q=15,000 m3/day;
– Building a wastewater treatment plant for An Thoi and Bai Truong urban area with Q=15,000 m3/day;
– Building the solid waste treatment complex with an area of 25 ha at the area of Ham Ninh commune; building a cemetery with a size of 50 ha at Ham Ninh area.
e) Social infrastructure works:
– Building a high-quality hospital with 500 beds in Duong Dong urban area center; forming the center for education and training and scientific research in Cua Can urban area with a size of 100 ha.
– Building resettlement areas in urban areas of Duong Dong, An Thoi and Cua Can.
– Forming a financial and commercial center of Duong Dong and An Thoi with an area of 116 ha.
g) Building areas of handicraft industry and handicraft village:
– Building farm production area and high-tech agricultural production area: flower, ornamental plants and pepper plants with an area of 700 ha. Other clean vegetables and flowers with an area of 1,070 ha.
– Building and developing the handicraft industry area of Duong To and Vinh Dam port with an area of 175 ha.
Article 2. The People’s Committee of Kien Giang province is responsible for implementing the following:
1. Issuing the Regulation on management under the adjustment of master plan approved for building Phu Quoc island; formulating and issuing the Regulation on management of planning and architecture of the entire island;
2. Publicizing the adjustment scheme of master plan approved for building Phu Quoc island;
3. Carrying out the zoning planning and detailed planning to concretize the adjustment scheme of master plan approved for building Phu Quoc island as a basis for implementation of construction investment projects and urban management;
4. Planning the construction investment of technical infrastructure works and management of development land funds under the adjustment of approved contruction planning;
5. Strictly managing the urban areas to ensure the investors must build the social infrastructure in harmony with the technical infrastructure to be linked with the general infrastructure network of the island;
6. Develop plans for natural disaster prevention (global climate change, …), epidemics, environmental protection on the island.
7. Building mechanisms, policies, financial and human resources; early carrying out the framework infrastructure projects to make Phu Quoc island become a big economic center of the country and the region.
Article 3. This Decision takes effect from the date of its signing;
The Minister of Construction and Chairman of People’s Committee of Kien Giang province and Heads of agencies concerned ara liable to execute this Decision./.
| ||PP. PRIME MINISTER|
Hoang Trung Hai